Saturday, March 5, 2011

A new project. . .

I love new projects!  This is a square from a quilt I am making with my friend Teressa who lives in New Hampshire.  The quilt will be made up of 40 embroidered squares and 40 calico squares.  The embroidery will all be done in "redwork" and the squares will be a variety of red calicos we will purchase as we work through our project. When we find a calico we like, we will purchase enough to share with each other!  The embroidery will be made up of things we love (like a giraffe for me!).  We decided to make it after seeing a similar project on what has become a favorite blog of mine (thanks to my friend Laura), "A Cuppa and a Catchup."

                      Not sure how long this project will take, but it will be fun!!

1 comment:

  1. So you QUILT?!?! I started to learn how... I just ran out of hours in a day =) I LOVE fabric too!! Do you sew too??

    ReplyDelete